A listing agent is one who represents the seller exclusively. All of the agents at Viewpoints are trained listing agents and are able to guide you seamlessly through the process of selling your home. The following are services we offer to our seller clients.
1. After previewing the property and gathering pertinent information from you, the assessor’s office, and the board of health, we compile a comprehensive comparative market analysis (CMA). This is an in depth look at how your property compares to recently sold similar properties in your area, as well as the properties currently on the market as your competition.
2. With the CMA we will help you determine the proper asking price for your property.
3. We will also make recommendations for needed improvements and staging of your home to best showcase its amenities for showings.
4. Once the property is listed for sale, we market it through various outlets on the internet, in print, at open houses, and with signs where allowed.
5. We personally coordinate and attend all showings of your property to prospective buyers and will provide you with feedback from the buyer and/or their agent by email or phone.
6. If the seller and the listing agent feel the property hasn’t sold in a timely manner, we will reevaluate the pricing structure at that time.
7. When an offer is made on the property we will collaborate with you on a negotiating strategy and guide you through the process.
8. Once an offer is accepted by the seller and buyer, we will connect you with the various resources you will need to proceed, including real estate attorneys, septic inspectors, and smoke and carbon monoxide inspectors.
9. We will attend all inspections that the seller is required to perform as well as accompany the inspections the buyer has requested.
10. After your attorney has reviewed the Purchase and Sale Agreement (P&S), we will track your deadlines for signatures, deposits, and contingencies throughout the process until closing day.
11. On closing day we will attend the buyer’s customary walkthrough and accompany you to the attorney’s office for the transfer of ownership.
You can find additional information on selling your Martha’s Vineyard property located in the FAQ on our blog.