A buyer’s agent is one who represents the buyer exclusively. All of the agents at Viewpoints are trained in buyer agency and are able to guide you seamlessly through the home buying process. The following are services we offer to our buyer clients:
1. We will collaborate with the buyer to identify areas of interest and price range. From that information we will compile list of properties to view and arrange for a tour.
2. Once the buyer identifies a property and wants to make an offer, we will help you determine a value and negotiating strategy.
3. Once an offer is accepted by the seller and buyer, we will connect you with the various resources you will need in order to proceed, including real estate attorneys, home inspectors, and mortgage lenders.
4. We understand that clients are long distance and can’t be present for all the inspections. As your agent, we will coordinate and attend all inspections on your behalf.
5. After your attorney has reviewed the Purchase and Sale Agreement (P&S), we will track your deadlines for signatures, deposits, and contingencies throughout the process until closing day.
6. On closing day we will accompany you on the walkthrough and ensure the seller has left the property in the condition agreed to in the P&S. If you are unable to attend, we will perform the walkthrough on your behalf.
7. Following the walkthrough, if all is acceptable, we will accompany you to your attorney’s office for the transfer of ownership (closing).
You can find additional information on buying a Martha’s Vineyard property located in the FAQ on our blog.